What to expect from content updates:
Will we be adding more ____ to the game? We will be monitoring the game closely and releasing updates to fix any issues that the community discovers. Although it is possible we will one day, we do not currently have plans for new content updates in the future.
The latest update 1.1.1:
Welcome to the update changelog for Seaside Story, which we have given the catchy name "Patch 1.1.1".
We have been busy boating around, catching fish, and collecting crabs as we tinker with Seaside Story to improve your experience. Read on to find out what we have done:
- The game is no longer always day; weary fisher friends can sleep again
- Deck collision is now consistent after a boat has been recalled; players will no longer fall through a seemingly solid floor
- Credits no longer flicker or disappear when a player is playing on console
- After upgrading the house, players are now able to access the double chests in the house. These are no longer blocked by slabs; we aren't gatekeeping storage here
- Nessie II no longer has a second, slightly pulsating steering wheel. The second steering wheel would shrink and grow as the player moved the boat
- Fish no longer disappear when a player goes under the aquarium to look at them from underneath. The snout-shark and its friends were a bit shy about being seen from underneath
Update published: 20/12/23
If you think you have found a bug please report it to us with as much detail as possible so that we can investigate. Include your Minecraft version, device, and any screenshots or media of the bug. Create your bug report here and select Ticket Type: Bug.
- Added a new function which returns the map version to help us give support to players.
- Updated the localized language files to include more localisations and match updated text
- NPC's should now no longer sink into the ground when they teleport.
- Marlina should now no longer teleport into the wall at certain times throughout the day, we had a little chat with her.
- NPC's now fit in their portraits in their dialogue windows. In slightly simpler words some NPC's will no longer have their heads missing when you interact with them.
- We localized several elements in the game:
- The secret discord signs
- The names of our products in the Aquarium
- The message "You can't see anything in this fog"
- NPC buttons
Update published: 07/12/21
- We removed references to a fish that did not exist and had no texture.
- It's now less likely the NPC's will not teleport around the world when they are supposed to.
- We fixed special fish scrolls not always displaying.
- We updated the localisation languages to include more translations.
- We've added new safeguards to prevent riding Coconut the giant crab off the edge of the world.
- You'll now see particles while holding a boat upgrade item, to make it clearer when you need to interact with the boat. You will also see interact hints if your device supports them.
- We added in some bonus lore books, good luck finding them!
Update published: 07/12/21
- We fixed an issue where the steering wheel on Nessie II appeared twice.
- We fixed some issues that would cause the credits to double up or disappear.
- We made performance improvements to whirlpools, they also no longer have a chance of spawning inside each other.
- We fixed an issue with the spyglass texture.
- We removed the paintings that were on the floor in the upgraded house.
- We changed the Crystal Figurehead upgrade so it now removes the fog in all of the Crystal Melody and not just in a radius around the boat.
- We made some tweaks in the world and to NPC’s that make getting special fish more obvious.
- Sea Junk no longer spawns before removing the fog.
- We moved the social media posters in the boathouse to be slightly lower down.
Update published: 05/10/21