The latest update - ‘Hotfix 2’ 1.1.2
We’ve been working with the Bat Lemurs to collect all the bugs and cabbages to improve your experience playing Avatar Legends. Read on to find out what we’ve done:
- We've improved double jumping! Double jumping in a different direction than you are currently traveling will now push you in the new direction.
- Jumping while pressing W (moving forward) then letting go of W and holding D (right) will mid-air before jumping again should now push to the right instead of forward right.
- You'll no longer see the white bending highlight while holding Earth Wall if there are blocks above which would prevent you from using Earth Wall.
- Bending abilities no longer get stuck after death. If a player died while using Fire Stream they would be using Fire Stream when they respawned.
- We made several fixes to Earth Walls:
- Earth Walls can no longer be pulled underneath several of the carts in Ba Sing Se
- Earth Walls no longer have a chance to appear one block above the ground
- Earth Walls no longer have a chance to spin around randomly when they are pulled
- Earth Walls no longer have a chance to be bent underground, resulting in a darkened Earth Wall
- Interacting with Earth Wall while looking at an area that can not be bent will no longer force you to place down an Earth Wall when you let go of interact and then look at a bendable area
- Players can now correctly push an Earth Wall if their faces are smashed up against it. Please stop running into solid walls though!
- We've fixed an issue where unsuccessfully bending an Earth Wall would still consume CHi
Duels & Encampments:
- The Daofei encampment will now correctly award a mastery point after completing it again.
- When a player exits a meditation site they will no longer spawn inside of it, we'll place the player to the side now!
- We fixed an issue that could occur if a player acquired two trinkets in quick succession.
- We resolved some Z-fighting issues on several skins. The Boulder, Tonraq, Ghazan, Avatar Roku, Zaheer.
Update published: 2023/12/19
- If you go out of the playable area bounds, you’ll now hear a jingle as well as the fade to black.
- You can now choose between fast or fancy graphics inside the ‘Performance Guide’ on Air Temple Island.
- A play button now appears the first time you enter the game.
- We changed some visuals to make them easier to see and understand:
- Air Sphere
- Avatar State
- Avatar Statue Spirits.
- We resolved an issue introduced by Minecraft 1.19.60, which caused players who used Earth Quake or Meteor Dash to become frozen.
Duels & Encampments:
- In nearly created worlds, a section of the border of the Air Nomad Encampment in Northern Air Temple is now more clearly defined.
- We resolved an issue introduced by Minecraft 1.19.60, which caused players to be incredibly fast.
- We resolved some visual problems on Nintendo Switch which caused some parts of the game to appear as white boxes, notably:
- Pai Sho Tiles
- The map credits
- Air Sphere
- The Avatar State
Update published: 2023/02/10
- We added a new class of Airbenders that don’t use the tornado ability for the Northern Air Temple encampment to improve performance.
Performance & Optimizations:
- Tornados no longer have their inner core transparent core to improve FPS. Tornados now use two render controllers instead of three.
- Black outlines are now removed from all NPCs when outline mode is enabled rather than them remaining on interactable NPCs. Interactable NPCs still have a white highlight outline.
- Water sources (buckets, wells, troughs) now have increased range, and on new worlds, there are fewer.
- Several technical improvements have been made, including removing unused code and improving function efficiency.
- Bison Statues and Bat Lemurs in Northern Air Temple are now removed if a player is in performance mode.
- Air Spheres now have a longer sound effect and animation to improve performance on Nintendo Switch.
- Frozen enemies can no longer use charging attacks while frozen. This includes Air Sphere, Quake, Fire Sweep etc.
We’ve made the tracking of player progression more robust with this update to resolve a common issue and some fringe cases.
- Tracking of if the player has collected the Bison Whistle is now done on a scoreboard after some players were losing their tag.
- Tracking if the player has completed the tutorial is now done on a scoreboard after some players reported losing this tag.
- Bending ability unlocks now backed up to a separate system to ensure progression is not reset. This backup is read every time a player logs in, challenges an Avatar or enters a Meditation Site.
Duels & Encampments:
- King Bumi no longer appears twice (or more) as an NPC or enemy if two (or more) players click the claim button after defeating Azula simultaneously. Congratulations if you coordinated that, though!
- Enemies in Rumble Arena can now create Earth Walls in the entire arena rather than just the centre circle.
- Resolve an issue where enemies would despawn after the duel cutscene. This was caused by players losing their `bender` tag. This is now tracked on a scoreboard.
- The background of Mastery Points and the purchase button in the Meditation Site is now a dusty gold/orange to comply with contrast accessibility guidelines from WCAG.
- A UI element which caused some players to have a black box in the middle of their screen has been removed.
- The `Emergency Exit Button` (Big Red X), which appears if a player is in a dialogue window for too long, is enabled by default for more UI Screens after a 30s wait.
- If a player clicks the `Emergency Exit Button` (Big Red X) in a duel cutscene fade, then duel fades are disabled for all future duels. This prevents an issue where on Nintendo Switch where players could be stuck on a black screen.
- If a second player joins a world and uses a Bison whistle while the host player is on Air Temple Island, the player who used the whistle is now taken to the Bison rather than the dock.
Update published: 2022/12/20