The latest update - ‘Update 1’ 1.1.0
We’ve been working with the Bat Lemurs to collect all the bugs and cabbages to improve your experience playing Avatar Legends. Read on to find out what we’ve done:
- We've added a new class of Airbenders that don’t use the tornado ability for the Northern Air Temple encampment to improve performance.
Performance & Optimizations:
- Tornados no longer have their inner core transparent core to improve FPS. Tornados now use two render controllers instead of three.
- Black outlines are now removed from all NPCs when outline mode is enabled rather than them remaining on interactable NPCs. Interactable NPCs still have a white highlight outline.
- Water sources (buckets, wells, troughs) now have increased range, and on new worlds, there are fewer.
- Several technical improvements have been made, including removing unused code and improving function efficiency.
- Bison Statues and Bat Lemurs in Northern Air Temple are now removed if a player is in performance mode.
- Air Spheres now have a longer sound effect and animation to improve performance on Nintendo Switch.
- Frozen enemies can no longer use charging attacks while frozen. This includes Air Sphere, Quake, Fire Sweep etc.
We’ve made the tracking of player progression more robust with this update to resolve a common issue and some fringe cases.
- Tracking of if the player has collected the Bison Whistle is now done on a scoreboard after some players were losing their tag.
- Tracking if the player has completed the tutorial is now done on a scoreboard after some players reported losing this tag.
- Bending ability unlocks now backed up to a separate system to ensure progression is not reset. This backup is read every time a player logs in, challenges an Avatar or enters a Meditation Site.
Duels & Encampments:
- King Bumi no longer appears twice (or more) as an NPC or enemy if two (or more) players click the claim button after defeating Azula simultaneously. Congratulations if you coordinated that, though!
- Enemies in Rumble Arena can now create Earth Walls in the entire arena rather than just the centre circle.
- Resolve an issue where enemies would despawn after the duel cutscene. This was caused by players losing their `bender` tag. This is now tracked on a scoreboard.
- The background of Mastery Points and the purchase button in the Meditation Site is now a dusty gold/orange to comply with contrast accessibility guidelines from WCAG.
- A UI element which caused some players to have a black box in the middle of their screen has been removed.
- The `Emergency Exit Button` (Big Red X), which appears if a player is in a dialogue window for too long, is enabled by default for more UI Screens after a 30s wait.
- If a player clicks the `Emergency Exit Button` (Big Red X) in a duel cutscene fade, then duel fades are disabled for all future duels. This prevents an issue where on Nintendo Switch where players could be stuck on a black screen.
- If a second player joins a world and uses a Bison whistle while the host player is on Air Temple Island, the player who used the whistle is now taken to the Bison rather than the dock.
Update published: 2022/12/20